- Probiotic increases Vitamin D in the blood
- It’s hard to criticize Jared Diamond. “You’re just a nit-picking specialist.” Steven Pinker & Jared Diamond: separated at birth.
- Concern about academic freedom at Duke University’s new Kunshan campus in China. “In a preprandial discussion with [Duke President] Brodhead, the professor expressed concern over academic freedom [at Kunshan] — and Brodhead shot back at him that he is a “worrier.” . . . He told the professor if he ever needed a worrier to serve on a committee, he’d be picked.” Kunshan sinkhole.
- Butter is not as bad as we’ve been told. “The motto has been, if you want to sell crap, make sure it’s low-fat crap.” Related BMJ article.
- Sleep cleans brain of toxins. Have you heard of the glymphatic system?
Thanks to Claire Hsu.