New York Times Bestseller Now in Paperback
“A weight-loss theory that just might benefit a few million people.” — Stephen Dubner, co- author of Freakonomics
“In fact, it might benefit a few billion.” — Dennis Prager,
The Dennis Prager Show interview with Seth Roberts.
“You actively feel like not eating … It’s a kind of not hungry that you’ve never felt before” — Joyce Cohen, NY Times columnist.
“It’s been two weeks since I started and oh-my-god … Within three days I was actually forgetting to eat.” — Kathy Sierra, co-author of Head First Java and blogger.
“It has been a very positive experience and weight loss is only one of the benefits” — Food Chronicler.
The Woman’s World article (“Instant Willpower!”)
Watch a CBC mini-documentary (9 minutes) about the diet.
These four graphs show the progress of Shangri-la Dieters who have posted their progress in
the tracking section of the forums.
- Persons posting their weight: 125
- Total weeks of data: 804
- Total weight change (ld): -903
- Average weight change/week (ld/week): -1.1
Heard on the forums
“I am seeing some results — I am feeling fuller with smaller portions and my sweet tooth seems to have lost its fangs. Example: It is normal for me to eat one of those 2-portion bags of M&M’s in one sitting, but on Friday at the movies, I only ate half. And, weirder still, I still have possession of the bag and there are still M&M’s in there.” — melissacb
“The loss of appetite is wonderful so I quit when I am full — so yes I have changed my eating habits. This morning I woke up no appetite. I used to be a big breakfast eater so scrambled a couple of eggs could only eat one so shared them with my dog. ‘The dog is loving my loss of appetite too.’ I also am drinking a lot more water. I used to choke it down; now it is my drink of choice. I think for me snacking was my demon — after lunch within 15 minutes I would be hungry again and would eat from that time on until after dinner and I am not tempted anymore.” — patsi
“I’m enormously grateful for this diet, and astonished at how easy it is. I like the side benefits and the fact that I’m enjoying different foods than I used to. It’s going to take a long time to lose anywhere near the amount of weight I need to, and I’m okay with that. I’m more than okay, I’m thrilled. ” — frenata
“I’ve been on SLD since the 1st of June. For the first 3 weeks, nothing, no appetite suppression, just will power. Then through some posts and some help I upped my intake of oil from 2 tbl spoons a day to 4 and that is what did it for me. Since June 22 I now feel like all those posts that you read about and hope to achieve. AMAZING when you find your set point. … Since then I don’t feel hungry in the morning, for lunch have a couple of pieces of fresh fruit, for dinner I steam some vegtables and a piece of good wheat bread and that’s it for the day. It’s just unbelievable. Not hardly eating anything and don’t feel like it either. NO CRAVINGS either. And, I’m a psycholocal and emotional eater too. It just seems to take care of everything. WOW!! … This is life changing stuff! ” — Jim
- 2007 (July 11) Dador, D. ‘Shangri-La Diet’ Claims No-Hunger Eat-Anything Results. KABC-TV News. 3 minutes.
- 2006 (April 30) Kapoor, S. The Shangri-La Diet. CBC News: Sunday Night. 9 minutes.
- 2007 (March 3) Punnett, I. Seth Roberts. Coast to Coast AM. 60 minutes.
- 2006 (December 6) Pascal, M., & Schott, F. Seth Roberts. The Restaurant Guys. 41 minutes.
- 2006 (October 9) Shafran, A. Seth Roberts’ Shangri-La Diet is so easy the Fat Guy can do it. Dr. Fitness and the Fat Guy Podcast. 56 minutes.
- 2006 (August 7) Muelrath, L. Teleconference with Seth Roberts. Fitness Dreammaker. 91 minutes.
- 2006 (July 19) Roberts, S. Interview for the audiobook. Tantor Media. (11 minutes) In 2 parts: Part 1 (6 minutes) Part 2 (5 minutes).
- 2006 (June 22) Crump, B. Interview with Seth Roberts. Nights on National Radio (Radio New Zealand). 20 minutes.
- 2006 (June 13) Jones, A. The Shangri-La Diet. Dr. Alvin Augustus Jones. 12 minutes.
- 2006 (May 26) Dolom, I. The Shangri-La Diet and the crazy scientist behind it. Dailysonic. 11 minutes. Recommended
- 2006 (May 18) Feria, W. The Shangri-La Diet: Stone Age tricks for losing weight. MSNBC. 24 minutes.
- 2006 (May 17) Reynolds, G., & Smith, H. The Glenn and Helen Show: Interview with Seth Roberts. Instapundit.com. 26 minutes.
- 2006 (May 3) Prager, D. Interview with Seth Roberts. The Dennis Prager Show. 35 minutes. Recommended
Pages missing from the English export edition.